Things to be Proud of
“One student told the team that “Mrs Logie wants us to be always shining.” Challenge Partner Quality Review 2012
‘Things to be Proud of’ sits at the heart of our values and ethos. We want to encourage a sense of increasing pride and aspiration in our students, as we continuously reflect our successes and growing reputation back to them. We want our students to develop confidence through getting out of their comfort zone and discovering what they can do.
We want to recognise and acknowledge all kinds of successes which reflect students abilities, talents, skills, and, equally importantly, personal qualities and character.
We hope that the following items give you a good flavour of life at Beaumont Leys School.
Beaumont Leys Film – We Are All Meant To Shine
Beaumont Leys is a school with a heart and soul and one of our key values is that we are all meant to shine. Last year we commissioned a film to reflect this important aspect of our school. A number of students were involved in the making of the film and they certainly shone: as did the staff. We think the film captures the spirit of the school: passionate about doing our best but also ready for some fun. We hope that you enjoy it.
BLS On Film
A key strategy in motivating our students to reach high has been to put Beaumont Leys ‘on the map’. Our students and parents love see the school on television and in the local newspaper. We constantly seek opportunities for our work to be reflected in the media and have been fortunate to have been chosen for several high profile schemes:
- In 2009 we were filmed for BBC East Midlands today and Central News for being the first BSF school to open ahead of schedule in the country and the first BSF school to open in the East Midlands.
- In 2009 we did a live broadcast into the annual conference for Partnership For Schools at Queen Elizabeth Hall in London which was attended by 1000 people.
- In 2009 we were filmed being presented with the BSF School of the Year Excellence Award and the overarching Grand Prix award.
- In 2011 we had a royal visit when Prince Edward, Duke of Wessex, came to see the work we were doing with the Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme. We had been identified as having the best completion rate in the East Midlands. We were filmed by BBC East Midlands today.
- In 2012 we were the only secondary school chosen to appear in a promotional film produced by Leicester City Council to promote Leicester schools to parents.
- In 2012 we were filmed for a health promotion DVD on Smoking Mediology which was put on to the City Council’s website
- In 2012 we appeared on BBC East Midlands when we organised a charity Comedy Benefit to raise money for the Stroke Association following one of our students having a stroke in the autumn term.
Feedback from the Contributors at Futures Convention
Hospitality and welcome
Student Ambassadors were very lovely.
Excellent, thanks. Nothing was too much trouble. Student helpers were very helpful.
Excellent welcome and hospitality (really lovely students) We feel the event was well organised and gave a great opportunity to promote EM Sixth Form..
Value to the contributors
Really good. We met lots of students and their parents. Staff help at this event was also brilliant.
The students had some very insightful questions and showed great enthusiasm.
Spot on. A good all round event. Would definitely attend again.
Lots of interest. Please invite us next year.
Yes students very knowledgeable on post 16 options.
Yes and we had more interest than I expected and I would love to come again (Beauchamp).
Both parents and students showed a high degree of interest in what our organisation offered them.
Yes very beneficial – we think there will be further interest in Space engineering this year.
Poppy Appeal Donation 2015
A Message from The Royal British Legion.
Please accept this email as receipt of the poppy appeal cheque for £1022.93p sent to us last month.
I simply can’t thank out enough for the amazing donation. There are many worthy causes and we are grateful that you have chosen us on this occasion. It is a staggering sum of money and well received.
Thankyou to all the pupils and staff who have made it possible.
A very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
With Kindest regards,
Treasurer & Memberships Secretary
RBL Humberstone Branch