Latest NewsView All News
Ofsted, Challenge Partners and Performance Tables
Our last Ofsted Inspection was September 2016. This was the first short inspection of our school after we were judged ‘Good’ in every category and overall in April 2013. Ofsted judged that our school continued to be a ‘Good’ school. The report said, “The leadership team has maintained the good quality of education in the school since the last inspection. You are determined that the potential of every pupil should be realised, no matter what the barriers may be to their success.” and “Pupils appreciate the culture of high aspiration that pervades the school and they thrive within the orderly, business-like and purposeful learning environment”.
To read the full Ofsted report click here.
To read the previous full inspection from April 2013 click here.
Challenge Partners review our school each year. We choose this to happen so that we always know that we are meeting our own high expectations, and where we could be improving. Senior leaders from other schools come to do this review and our senior staff go and review other schools too. This year Challenge Partners came in October.
Similar to Ofsted, Challenge Partners look at individual areas as well as the school overall. They judged the school overall to be GOOD and felt that the school was GOOD in each of the following areas:
- School Improvement Strategies
- Outcomes for Pupils is
- Quality of Teaching, Learning and Assessment
They have also looked at our work around Whole School Literacy and support for disadvantaged students and judged both areas to be excellent.
The report said:
- Leaders have engendered a culture of positivity across the school with all staff embracing the values-based education that is evident in all aspects of the school’s work
- The ongoing care, inclusion, support and intervention is at the heart of school ethos
- They develop students to be well rounded citizens who are respectful to others and display highly positive behaviours
- The school continues to model data effectively across year groups providing details flight path analysis. This enables effective intervention and support strategies for students who fall behind the academic level that they are expected to perform.
- Standards of behaviour in and out of lessons are consistently high, generating strong engagement in learning
- Students are proud of their school and feel a great sense of belonging within the school community.
- Students take pride in their work and support each other willingly
- There is a focus on working hard that underpins teaching,. This fosters a culture among students of positive behaviour and responsible attitudes to learning
To read the full Challenge Partners report click here.
The Department for Education produces Performance Tables for all schools. Click here to access ours.