Latest NewsView All News
The Creative Arts Faculty strives to encourage engagement, enthusiasm and appreciation for the Arts. It aims to provide a stimulating environment to nurture creativity, originality, and self- expression. Creating opportunities for the intellectual, personal and social development of all students so that they may realise their full potential. We want to develop confident students who are effective and reflective communicators through whatever medium they choose.
Every student will be motivated to achieve their best in external examinations as well as in lessons. Equally importantly, as teachers we want to be remembered by our students as having furnished them with enriched and cherished memories and as having enabled them to develop their confidence so that they are not afraid to step out of their comfort zones in the future.
To achieve this the faculty will:
- Create interesting, engaging and challenging schemes of work in accordance with the national curriculum.
- Ensure that policies regarding equal opportunities, race and gender are all upheld.
- Give all students, whatever their ability a sense of achievement and success through their learning and activity.
- Encourage all students to develop the ability to work with others as well as independently.
- Celebrate their achievement and positive contribution.
- Encourage students to take responsibility for their learning, their behaviour and take care of their learning environment.
- Provide opportunities for students to share their work with peers and the wider community.
- Provide leadership opportunities and encourage proactive learning.
- Provide extended opportunities beyond the curriculum for engagement and enjoyment of the arts.
The Creative Arts Faculty consists of 2 specialist Art teachers. 2 specialist Drama and Performing Arts teachers and 1 specialist Music teacher supported by a range of peripatetic Music teachers.
Art, Drama and Music are taught within the Creative Arts to all Key Stage 3 students.
In KS3, year 7 students have 1 hour of Art, Drama and Music each week. In year 8 students have 1 hour of Drama and 1 hour of Art each week. In year 9 students have 1 hour of Art, Drama and Music.
In KS4 students are able to opt for:
BTEC Performing Arts
Extra Curricular and further opportunities in Creative Arts
Art Club drop in every Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday 3-4pm.
Drama Club every Wednesday 3-4.30pm.
GCSE Music additional lesson every Thursday 3-4pm.
Annual Christmas Concert (December) and Summer Concert (June)
Becoming a Creative Arts ambassador-opportunities to lead workshops and assist with Creative Arts week and other events.
Creative Arts competitions & events throughout the year.
Trips to the theatre, national galleries and exhibitions.
Visiting artists coming to lead workshops.
Contact Us: LCartwright@beaumontleys.leicester.sch.uk